Tuesday, December 7, 2010


36 weeks tomorrow.  I went to see my midwife today.  She did the Group B Strep test and checked me (why not, as long as I'm already in the stirrups?) and I'm 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced.

There go all my plans to go to out of town parties between now and baby. 

If I had ever been in labor for more than 4 hours, I might take the chance, but since I have rocket powered babies, I'm going to be staying close to home.  If it weren't so cold, I'd just camp out in the field next to the hospital. 

I know that it's not predictive, especially in a 3rd pregnancy, of when I'll go into labor.  I could totally walk around and not dilate any more than this for the next month...  Or I could go into labor in 5 minutes.  Not knowing is hard. 

Anyone want to revise their guesstimate?


Pamela said...

So terribly clever of you to stay home. My first three were very nearly two weeks overdue. But my fourth? I woke up at 5:40 a.m. barely realizing I was in labor and he was born at 6:12 a.m.

Best wishes to you for a safe and speedy (but not too speedy) delivery!

Left of Ordinary said...

Hope all goes well! Your baby will be in your arms soon!