Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Called In Sick

I did something that no one else has ever done before yesterday.  I called in sick to a doctor's appointment.

We had a tummy bug - MG had it really badly, Jack had a milder case, BJ was queasy enough to go back to bed for most of the day, I spent most of the afternoon - after BJ recovered - in bed, and Claire came home from school pale and headachey but not vomiting.  When Jack started throwing up and BJ was still comatose, I called the triage nurse and said, "I just don't see how I can leave BJ alone with this mess when he can barely move!"

My appointment was just a med re-check on the Lexapro that I started a month ago (and the answer is that it's brilliant, and I feel very sane and normal, now, yay!).

It's funny how when MG was a baby I would take her to the doctor for every sniffle and sneeze, and now my kids have to be bleeding from their eyes and foaming at the mouth before I take them to see the doctor.  I can't remember the last time Jack went for anything but a well-child visit.  I swear MG and Claire were there every other week when they were his age.

We're all better today.  I had to keep MG home because of the 24 hour rule, but Claire and BJ are back to normal programming.  I cancelled Jack's speech therapy just to be cautious.  The only weirdness is that no one has an appetite - but I'm not pushing anyone to eat.  I figure they'll ask for food when they can handle it.

No comments: