Thursday, June 13, 2013

My Triumphant Return to Blogging

"Where," you might be saying to yourself, "the hell has Amy BEEN for the past month and four days?!  Her niece turned one and she disappeared!"

I will tell you, my friends.  I will tell you chronologically and in a series of posts with ample pictures and hyperbole.

It all started about 50 days ago.  How do I know?  I'll get to that.  But about 50 days ago my sister Megan and her baby Kate came down for a visit.  We went places.  We did things.  Then both the kids (Jack and Kate) fell asleep in the car.  "Rolling nap!" we said, and drove directionlessly around town.  Normally we do rolling naps on the phone, so it was a nice treat to be able to roll in person.

Megan just bought a house last year, and she knew that we'd been looking, so I said, "Let's drive by some of the houses we've looked at."  She was game, so I steered the family truckster into one of my favorite neighborhoods in town.  We drove past the one that was too narrow, and the one that was too beige, and we were on our way the one that I almost bought while BJ was out of town when......  <brakes>

HOLD THE PHONE - LOOK AT THAT HOUSE!

3056 Hamilton St, West Lafayette, IN

...and now it's time for me to go get Jack so you'll have to check back later to find out what I said to the Realtor who was coming out as we were backing up.


1 comment:

Tanja said...

... and now we're left hanging again! =)