Friday, October 3, 2008

Guilty Pleasures

It's 9:30 am and my house is quiet.

I know what you're thinking, and no, the kids aren't in any peril, thank you very much.  Mary Grace is at school.  Her school has a Mother's Time Out program, where for a measley $6, you can drop off your other kid and have two and a half hours of peace!

BLISS!!!

I'm writing to you and watching the news and drinking coffee and relaxing.  I should be cleaning and putting away laundry and planting mums.

Do I need to do anything special to the brick red mums I bought yesterday to enable them to survive and come back next fall?  Or are they annuals?  I know nothing.  Probaby should google before I plant.  But hey, look at all those shiny blogs over there...  And I really want to explain the "economic disaster" to you, because I know that there are a lot of smart people out there who have no freaking clue what's going on.  I didn't understand it at first, either, but now I do (mostly, I think) and after talking to a friend about it last night, I realize that someone needs to put that information out there in an accessible, non-partisan way.

That someone is me.

So stay tuned for that...  And know that I am using my precious free time to help you understand what's going on in the world right now.  Doesn't that make you want to click through my ads?  

No comments: