Friday, November 6, 2009

Holiday Gift Idea - Constellation Night Light

Once upon a time, there was a queen. At first she was kind and pleasant, but her two princesses were afraid of the dark. They forced the king and queen to sleep with the bathroom light on, and the queen became wicked because she didn't sleep well and woke up with a headache. The queen was desperate, and so on a trip to the Children's Museum, she purchased one of these:

...a ladybug that projects stars onto the ceiling of the princesses' room. She told the princesses that the stars wouldn't work if they turned on the bathroom light. The princesses totally bought it, and they stopped screaming at the queen to turn the bathroom light on, and fighting over how wide the door's opening should be. Instead they fell asleep peacefully, gazing upon stars of blue, red, and green, and they all slept peacefully ever after.

It also comes in land and sea turtle styles, and seriously, folks, this was the best $30 I ever spent. It times off after 45 minutes. The buttons are big and easy, so if the kids wake up in the middle of the night they can turn him back on without waking me up! I wish we'd gotten this years ago.

You can buy him here. He'd make a great gift for any kid. Or any sleep deprived parent!

4 comments:

Cate said...

We have the turtle constellation light and have LOVED it.

Thanks for sharing my post! So nice!

Erin said...

we have the turtle and LOVE it! my daughter likes to take it into the dark bathroom, close the door and turn it on. these things are so cool!

and for the nerd in you, it comes with a book to help you identify the constellations on the ceiling!

Anonymous said...

we have the turtle night light as well. Its great until summer when I put the kids to bed before dark. But I love it this time of year and so do the kids

Beth Dunn said...

Oh I love those! I had a turtle for my son-he broke it. xoxo

SC