Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Lucky Day!

I got an email a while back that I needed to return my old 1st Generation iPod Nano to Apple because the batteries were blowing up or something.  So I did a little research, learned that it was legit, put my serial number into the website, qualified for the return, and sent my iPod off to be replaced by a refurbished iPod.

I received the replacement today.

It's the brand new, 6th Generation Nano with twice as much memory as my original had.  SCORE!

Thanks, Apple!  You are a class act!

In other news, I decided I could no longer deal with the leftover Christmas chaos that was everywhere (the usual laundry pile up, new clothes waiting to be washed because of three kids with sensitive skin, gifts still in boxes waiting to find a home, toys EVERYWHERE, cookies and candy EVERYWHERE, etc.) and I went on a tear this morning.  I got a bunch of laundry done, cleaned our room and Jack's room, and put a heck of a lot of stuff away.  BJ cleaned the kitchen (what a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man!).  So I'm feeling much more sane now.  Am I the only one who goes a little insane when the house gets above a certain threshold of messiness?

We need to find a toy box for Jack's room.  We bought him an airplane themed bedroom (a lamp, a "ceiling sculpture" which is a mobile for big kids, wall decals, curtains, sheets) for Christmas, so I'm hoping to find (make? Hahaha...) something that will go along with the theme.  Add that to the list of things to Google, after I get done looking at Nano accessories (lanyard or watch?  Hmmmm...).  Oh hey, it looks like this:



...only we didn't get all the stuff because that would be ridiculous.  For one thing, crib bumpers aren't safe.  For another, he doesn't need a cutesy hanging thing for diapers, and babies don't need quilts and he doesn't sit in chairs...  But that gives you the general idea if you want to shop along at home and leave comments about an appropriate toy box that I should buy (with links, please!).

The dog is driving BJ insane.  I'm sitting here waiting for him to put her through a wall.  He's trying to read something and she's trying to eat his hands and feet.  If it weren't so damn cold I'd take her for a walk.  While I was editing just now, she unplugged the lamps in the living room. Seriously.

The kids need to go back to school.  Long breaks are ridiculous.  They get SO bored, even with major holidays and tons of new stuff involved.  I don't know what we're going to do this summer.  Summer break is the worst idea ever.  We had a playdate today, thank goodness.  I think we're going to take them bowling tomorrow afternoon.  It was awesome when the kids could take the dog for a walk, but sadly she's growing faster than they are, and it's no longer safe for anybody.

Grandpa Bob watched the kids last night so that BJ and I could go see the new Sherlock Holmes movie.  It was fun!  It had been a long time since we'd been on a date.

Ok, I have many things to Google, and a dog that needs some attention.  How are your winter holidays proceeding?

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

How about one of these Rubbermaid containers in blue
http://www.rubbermaid.com/Category/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?Prod_ID=RP091418

and then get more of the airplane decal to put on it. It will match the room colors, be durable, you can pull off the decals later, and best of all -it's CHEAP!!

Rob Monroe said...

A little scattered, eh Amy? Sorry we missed you on our trip this time - we will work to remedy that next time. :)

As far as bumpers - I have read that they are deadly and/or the safest thing in a baby's room. Oy. We used one and Abby turned out okay. It was mesh, not cloth...

Congrats on the Nano Upgrade! I am hopeful that they would do something like that for mine. It's getting old and losing charge too quickly. Drives me insane.

No such luck yet, though. :)