Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Help Fight Niemann-Pick Disease

Nothing can make me want to go back to bed, pull the covers up over my head and cry like imagining the possibility of one of my kids getting sick.  I mean, I can barely handle the stomach flu...  I honestly don't know how parents of kids with chronic diseases manage.

There's this family in town, I don't know them personally but they are friends of our friends.  They have four children and three of them inherited Niemann-Pick disease.  One of those three has died.  They have hosted a golf outing for many years to raise money for research into this horrible disease.


Degenerative neurological diseases are very close to my heart.  You might remember that when the kids were born I donated their umbilical cord blood for Huntington's disease research.  I remain hopeful that research into all of these sorts of diseases will eventually lead to a cure.  Time is running out, though, for so many individuals and their families.

I'm asking you today to help support this family.  You don't even have to leave your computer, and you don't have to pay a dime.  All you have to do is register and vote at ESPN for their Infinity Coaches Charity Contest.  You can vote every day.  The winning coach will win $100,000 for his charity!

Go to that website, click on "Midwest Region," then vote for Matt Painter, the Purdue coach, who has chosen to support the Smith Family BReaKthrough Fund.  Coach Painter is way behind Ohio State as I write this.  I am hoping that the legions of Pretty Babies Readers can turn that around.

Thanks for taking a moment out of your day to help fight degenerative neurological diseases.

No comments: