Thursday, April 30, 2009

Pajama Day Interrupted

Since Claire's sick and it's cold, wet, and rainy here, I had planned a pajama day where we sit around and watch movies and maybe get out the Play-doh later if I felt like I could deal with the mess, but MG and C had other ideas. They demanded to wear their flower girl dresses from Mimi's wedding, and they are "booful" - running around in their Easter shoes and their tulle and satin dresses.

Who do these kids belong to, honestly? Because I am the opposite of a girlie girl. I am a jeans and t-shirt girl. I would no sooner wear a dress for fun than I'd go shopping for fun. Yuck. My kids, though, are clothes horses. They start developing their own ideas about what they're going to wear around 18 months (THAT guessing game is fun) and at 3.5, MG shows no signs of stopping and stepping into her jeans and t-shirt birthright.

On the other hand, if I could look this cute this effortlessly, I probably would, too.


It's like the Midget Prom around here.

They'll be precious at the pharmacy later... when I get out of my jammies.

4 comments:

strwberrryjoy said...

omg. so cute. you must post more pix. but none of the mirena stuff. haha. i actually don't think it's gross to READ about, tho!

Heather Bungard-Janney said...

"Midget Prom" cracked me up.

Rob Monroe said...

Adorable! Maybe you should bust our your dress from the wedding and you would get a burst of fun, too. :o)

Charlotte said...

They are so adorable! LOL