Monday, April 20, 2009

Politically Incorrect

Picture this: I'm at Walmart returning some of the plumbing parts that we didn't need, because BJ's strategy seems to be something along the lines of "buy one of each thing that looks remotely related to plumbing, just in case..." And there's this guy. He's really black. In the words of Ralphie May, he's "Go outside at night, close his eyes and disappear - black." And he has an African sounding accent.

And he's wiring money. Actually, he's having a heck of a time wiring a large amount of money (over a grand), because the woman at the Walmarts doesn't know what she's doing.

Amy-The-Smartass-With-Foot-In-Mouth-Disease starts trying to think of some cute remark to make, like, "Dude, I got that e-mail too - you don't want to send any money to Nigeria!" or something. But the kids were distracting me, and I couldn't quite formulate the right smart-alecked comment. I didn't want to offend him, of course, I was just trying to come up with a joke. I couldn't. And it's a good thing, too, because after the lady processed my return he comes back and says, "You did this in Nigerian dollars, not American dollars..."

He WAS wiring money to Nigeria!

And I started to laugh and walk away, because really, the punch lines write themselves.

No comments: