Sunday, July 26, 2009

For crying out loud...

The liveblogs have been up at Blogher.com all day, but it took me until 11 pm to get them onto my blog. I'm sorry!!

Today was a really HUGE day, and I am going to write a real post about it later, but right now I just have to say that I have had the best time EVER!

I ran into a friend tonight who I've known since college - she lives in Chicago and just happened to have been invited to the BowlHer party (which, by the way, was the best party of the entire weekend!!!) so she tweeted to me that she was there and I drunkenly tweeted back, "OMG WTF R U" and a bunch of other incoherent letters, and then I found her and we had a great talk. It was so good to see her again.

A table of other bloggers and I also coined the phrase "Twinking" which means tweeting on Twitter while drinking. Also, people who do this are "Twinkies" as in "OMG she is such a flippin' Twinkie!" in response to tweets such as "OMG WTF RU."

I was totally a Twinkie. I own it.

So OMG, I have so much to talk about but I am too drunkely. You will have to wait.

But I must tell you that I entered myself and MY MOM to go to BlogHer next year. Mabel's Labels is having a contest where you tell them on their Flip Camera (I totally forgot to use my Flip Camera - I have been too busy screaming "OMG" at people) who you wish could be here, and the Grand Prize is a trip to BlogHer next year in NYC.

What is up with the acronyms tonight? GMAFB!

So they asked me why I wanted my mom to come, and I said that she's a new blogger who needs to learn about blogging for her business, and how to make it work for her, and, besides that, we would have an incredible, amazing, awesome time. She would drink my a** under the table, too, which would crack everyone up.

Mom, there's the love. I didn't forget you, although it took me 2 or 3 minutes to remember that you're also a blogger. I suck. I was drinkely.

PS - Mom - I also hooked you up with Stacy Jill from Queerly Wed who will be contacting you via e-mail about a guest post on being a queer friendly vendor because you ARE SO AWESOME and PROGRESSIVE and I need to go to bed because I'm using the CAPS LOCK. Sheesh.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

You are so funny!! I'm glad you had a good time!!! And I'm soooo jealous that you met Carson! OMG!

Della said...

Am I blind, or do you not have a "follow me on twitter" button anywhere on this site?

Is that by design or simply overlooked?