Monday, August 30, 2010

Better

I woke up slowly this morning, and took inventory. 

Stomach = not rolling.

Cough = quieter.

Nose = still not perfect, but not as miserable as before.

Aches & pains = not so bad.

And I let go of the breath I'd been holding, and came downstairs to look for food.

Yesterday was pretty miserable.  I felt queasy Saturday night.  I was able to sleep (hooray Benadryl!) but I woke up still queasy.  I had a piece of toast and a little coffee for breakfast.  I tried to hold very still for most of the morning.  I couldn't finish my lunch of leftover beef stroganoff.  I realized mid-afternoon that I'd have to cancel dinner with my aunt and uncle who were coming down from Grammaland.  It was a good thing I did, too, because the queasiness got a lot more real around 4 pm, if you know what I mean.

Right after I got sick I got pretty scared, "This isn't good for the baby!  I need to call the midwife!!"  (Funny how these things always happen on the weekend...)  But BJ calmly reminded me that plenty of women are sick through their entire pregnancies, and their babies turn out fine.  One day isn't going to matter, much, in the great scheme of things.  Of course he was right.  What would I do without him?  No one else can calm me down the way he can.  

After that, I stayed upstairs, mainly to prevent transmission to the kids if I could.  BJ brought hot tea (no sense puking on an empty stomach, and I was trying to stay hydrated), and my favorite movie.  I laid in bed, wide awake, but trying to stay very still.  I listened intently to the baby, making sure I felt an acceptable number of lumps and bumps from my little ninja.


The kids were fantastic.  They stayed downstairs with Daddy all day and didn't bother me at all while I was resting.  When did they get so big?

At some point I put all my symptoms into WebMD and it told me that I might be pregnant.  Uhhhh... thanks.  Hahah!

Anyway, we'll probably still take it easy today, just to be cautious.  But things are looking up.

No comments: