Sunday, February 20, 2011

Temporary Banality

The weekends go by too quickly.

My friend Barbara-Dahling came down to see us yesterday, and Grandmother Diana and Ken came today.  I love visitors, but I always feel so badly because I have nothing to talk about right now.  What do I do every day?  Nurse Jack, change diapers, wipe noses, manage illnesses (none this week, thankfully), let the dog out, cook meals, make snacks, let the dog in, work, cart kids around, wash clothes, wash dishes, fold clothes, read books, print out coloring sheets, drink tons of hot tea, contemplate having teeth whitened/liposuction/gastric bypass, exercise instead because it's cheaper, pay bills, shower, collapse into bed, do it all again tomorrow.

Riveting.

I am so boring.  Seriously.  This is why new parents talk to each other about the various characteristics of poopy diapers. 

At least this time I know it's only temporary. 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm boring too. I used to be involved in political campaigning and I used to do postgraduate study. Now I'm too tired and my world is too small to have an opinion on anything. I'm assuming one day I'll emerge from this, but as our second baby is due in June I don't think it'll be any time soon.