Friday, February 25, 2011

What I did during naptime...

I get these grand ideas about things, generally having to do with a craft or the house, and I'll go out and buy (or ask for, in this case) all the supplies, then when it comes time to execute the plan, I get stuck.  I become afraid to proceed because the final project isn't going to look the way it looks in my head, and I know I'll get frustrated, so the supplies will just collect dust for years and years until I finally suck it up and go for it.

The latest project?  Framing photos.  I take thousands of pictures, and occasionally one turns out well, and I have wanted to turn the wall in the living room into a gallery of family photos since Mary Grace was born.  My brother got me a whole bunch of black frames from my Christmas list in 2009 (but now that I think about it, it might have even been 2008!) and they've just sat in my cupboard waiting for me to get over my fear of failure and do something with them.

Last week I ordered a bunch of prints from Shutterfly (LOVE!  Shutterfly rocks), and they arrived today, so I spent Jack's nap finally hanging them up.

I think it turned out pretty well...  What do you think?




Pay no attention to the messy house surrounding the pictures.  That's what happens when I don't spend Jack's nap straightening up.  (I did get the dishwasher loaded before I sat down to post).

BJ hasn't even been home to see this.  What do you think he'll say?  Will he appreciate the mad decorating skillz, or will he worry about all the holes I put in the wall? 

It's not quite what I pictured, but it feels cozy to me.  It feels like home.

1 comment:

Cate said...

Love pictures in frames! It is where your eyes are drawn when you come in anyway, and it's so nice to showcase your beautiful family. I have been trying to get pictures in frames this whole school year -- right now I only have pictures hung of Esther, and it looks like I only have one child. I'll get to it! :)