Wednesday, October 3, 2007

WFMW: Opposite Day

Today Shannon is hosting questions, instead of answers. Here's mine:

How do you manage/limit your online time? In other words, do you only use the computer for a certain amount of time per day, or do you only use it when the kids are in bed, or what? (Or do your kids just fend for themselves because Mommy's gotta blog, darn it, and I don't care if you've eaten or not!)

Thanks!

If you're here for WFMW, don't miss my other WFMW posts:

How to feel good about spending insane money at Christmas.
How to prevent dryer fires.
How to use Google Calendar to organize your family.
How to save a zillion dollars with the Magic Bullet.
How to quickly cool Mac & Cheese.
How to soothe a teething baby without whiskey - oops! I mean Tylenol.
How to do Time Outs correctly.
How to improvise a changing table.
How to get a baby and a toddler into the car.
How to keep your house decluttered with an old waitressing mantra.
How to find a great baby sling.
How to manage your grocery list online.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon!

Visit Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer for more WFMW tips!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

One word: timer! I will usually set mine for 15 minutes while my son is napping or having room time. I find that I don't just surf the net mindlessly when I have a deadline.

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Take a look at my comment time! I try to save online time for when my kids and husband are not home but after I've gotten my daily work done, or for when I can't sleep, or when the kids are in bed and Mr. Brownstone has an XBOX night.

Hope this helps!

Debs said...

Yeah, if you find a good answer to this one let me know!
Some people use feeder for the blogs they read, I've been wondering about doing that too, although I think my temptation would be to add too many blogs and end up reading more each day than I do now!

Marcia Francois said...

Ooh, I have lots of ideas. But the best is use a feed reader.

I posted on the organising blog - click blogging category in sidebar.

Organising queen and
Marcia's take charge blog

Amanda said...

One thing i do is set my laptop up next to my exercise bike. Then I can browse to my hearts content while i exercise. Doesn't work for typing - but i never have any trouble find enough stuff to read on the internet.