Saturday, September 22, 2007

Fall Fell

I got kind of sick of the pink. What do you think of our new fall look? Too many different colors going on? I can't decide. Everyone who knows me will tell you that I am the least visual person in the universe, and that I can't decorate, dress, or match colors to save my life. Of the four rooms in my house that are painted, my mom picked the paint in two of them. I picked the paint in the kitchen (dark blue) and I don't like it anymore, and I picked the paint in the upstairs bathroom (light yellow) and it's fine. Mom picked the gray in the family room and the green in the girls' room.

The only reason the kids don't look like ragamuffins all the time is because kids clothes come in pre-matched outfits. I'm not kidding. There's a reason why I nearly always wear jeans - everything matches. I'm not colorblind, I'm just color stupid.

One of these days I'll figure out how to make the header the right size. How many pixels should it be, anyway?

We went out for supper tonight, and the kids were so good. Before we had kids, we used to talk about how we wanted to have kids who could behave in restaurants. It's one of the few plans we made before that we've actually been able to stick with. MG had fun with the peanuts (we went to Texas Roadhouse). Claire was fussyish, but she's teething, and she wasn't half as fussy as the kid at the next table, so it was ok. They both stole bites of my loaded sweet potato. It's really awesome, next time you find yourself there.

I decided on MG's Halloween costume last night. It's a surprise, though. It is going to be super cute.

Wow, is this a boring post. I'm going to go watch the Purdue game with BJ and MG.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

My husband and I always wanted to have kids that did well in restaurants, too, and that could travel relatively well in general. They do pretty great for the most part, unless we go somewhere with animatronic animal heads and then they freak out. We try to avoid those places anyway.

I found you through your comment on "Why Mommy's" site. I really related to what you said about the language failing us in times like that. I never know what to say to people under circumstances such as though. I probably smile with that pained look on my face as if to say, "I'm sorry, I don't know what to say."

Oh, I don't know what it looked like before but I like your fall colors.

Anonymous said...

I want my child to be a well behaved resturant child, but its so hard to find the time to go out to eat (or the money!) I think that's where most parents run into the snags, once you have kids, going out to eat is a rare occurance!!