Thursday, April 15, 2010

My New Best Lunch

I'm taking a break from the singularly awful day I'm having (as in bad on all three levels - local, state, and federal!) to tell you about the awesome sandwich I just had.

Have you seen this stuff yet?  It's like a pita and a tortilla had a baby.  The light only has 90 calories, for a VERY satisfying portion.

So I got some (light) flat bread at the store, then I got some pastrami (LOVE pastrami!), and some reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese, and some romaine lettuce and some bell pepper and some cucumber and some mustard.

YUM!

I measured the meat and cheese (because lunch meat's sneaky) and made sure I kept it to one serving.  The Hillshire Farm Deli Select thin stuff is only 60 calories per serving.  The whole sandwich was only 200 calories, and I am stuffed.  I had some Southwestern Ranch Baked Lays and some dried apricots with it.  YUM!  Total - 420 calories. 

I have to get back on the wagon after the four day bacchanal that was my birthday. 

Try the flat bread and let me know what you think.

(PS - no one told me to blog about this flat bread, I am doing it out of the goodness of my heart.  However, if the Flat Out people want to send me samples, I will cheerfully eat them!)

3 comments:

Rob Monroe said...

Sounds yummy!

Susan said...

I've been using it for some time. I have also made a low cal pizza from it with low fat cheese, etc.

Amy said...

Pizza sounds good! I was going to use it for a breakfast wrap in the morning, too. I will report back with results.