Monday, August 6, 2012

Pinvestigating: Kitchenaid Chicken

The claim:  You can make restaurant-style shredded chicken in seconds with your Kitchenaid Mixer.

http://simplyhealthyfam.blogspot.com/2010/05/shredded-chicken-bbq-sandwiches.html
The result:


Yep.

I got a package of 7 chicken breasts at Walmart for about $10.  The five of us at two for dinner (BJ and I split one, and the kids split the other).  I put the other 5 in the mixer all at once and hit go.  They were luke-warm by the time I got around to doing this.  The recipe is correct that it's better to do it when they're hot or warm.  My mixer did seize at one part, but I just turned it off, moved that piece lower, and turned it back on again and all was well.

That's a heck of a lot easier than using two forks.  I'll bet it would work on a cooked pork loin, too, if you cut it into a few large pieces.  

Now I have two bags of shredded chicken in my freezer and one in my fridge.  Each one has around two cups of chicken.  What to do, what to do...

I bought some wonton wrappers a hundred years ago, so I'll probably put some kind of sauce on some of it (buffalo?) and use those to make something yummy (buffalo chicken bites?  With buffalo sauce and cheese inside?  Hmmmm...).

No comments: