- Did I tell you that our awesome neighbors split all their hostas and lillies and brought them down for our yard a few weeks ago? All the lillies are getting ready to bloom. My front walk is about to look fantastic, and when it does I'll post a picture. I can't believe how excited I am about flowers.
- In other horticultural news, our grass is actually starting to grow where we put down 10 tons of dirt! Hopefully soon it will mean the end of mud and giant puddles in our back yard.
- BJ took the kids to the park on the bike yesterday, and I stayed home to clean. I cleaned the downstairs bathroom, vacuumed, cleaned up the kitchen, and mopped the kitchen floor. I'm always astounded at how much I can accomplish without kids in the house.
- While I was cleaning, I heard Max losing her mind in the yard. I went outside and had to go upside a neighborhood kid's head because she was walking her dog without a leash. The dog was standing on one side of the fence, and Max was on the other freaking out. I told her, "This isn't going to work. You need to have your dog on a leash." She replied that her parents don't want her to walk the dog on a leash because she isn't strong enough. I said, "Then how are you going to pull her off if she gets in a fight with another dog? If you're not strong enough, you shouldn't be walking the dog! Max can open the gate, I've seen her do it. You tell your mom I said this isn't safe, and if I see you again, I'm going to talk to your mom!" Unfortunately this is the second time we've seen this family walking their dog off leash (in town), and the first time? It was the mom.
- I'm getting extremely nervous about BlogHer (look at the right hand sidebar - all those fabulous looking parties and stuff? Less than 40 days away. Terrifying!) I'm rooming with Amy Turn Sharp, Momo Fali, and Piper of Love. I've met the first two in real life, when Bossy came to town, and talked with Piper over the 'net. You'll know which room is ours because all the fabulous will be shining under the door.
- Bumpa came over last night and got us pizza for dinner. Yay Bumpa! He also took the kids for a walk so BJ and I could have a little peace and quiet. YAY Bumpa!
- I have no idea what to wear to BlogHer. I have four dresses, but I don't want to be overdressed. I'm tempted to just wear my usual jeans and t-shirt (or capris, anyway, because it'll be July in Chicago), but I don't want to be the only person in the entire place who looks sloppy and comfortable.
- BJ and MG cleaned the toyroom while I was putting Claire to bed! The whole downstairs is clean. I can hardly stand it.
- Claire was pretending to make soup the other day with the plastic food and kitchen toys, and she kept "tasting" it and saying, "Ohhh! Delicious!"
- Mah Internetz are not workin' very well this morning.
- BJ rode his bike to work today.
- I'm afraid no one will like me at BlogHer. And here I thought I left all this angst behind when I left high school.
- Mary Grace and I were pillow fighting last night, and started playing a word game. She said, "Oooooh boy!" and threw it at me, then I said, "Ooooohklahoma!" and threw it back. This went on for a minute. She won when she said "Oooohh Canada!" We all cracked up.
- I got a quart of buttermilk to make a coffee cake last week, and since I'm cheap and I didn't want it to go to waste, I made biscuits and pancakes from scratch this weekend. That must be the secret to cooking inspiration - be too cheap to let the $1 worth of buttermilk go bad.
- What is up with buttermilk, anyway? It smells AWFUL.
- A bunch of people from high school saw a picture of me in the paper last week from that coupon class I took back in May. Way to be timely, local paper!
- Mafia Wars is taking up way too much of my spare time.
Monday, June 15, 2009
Monday Morning Bullet Points
We're going to (try to get our act together before 2 pm so we can) go to the library today, so instead of stringing all this together into some cohesive narrative for you, I'm going to put all the little odds and ends into a bulleted list for you, today. Next week? Powerpoint.
Posted by Amy Austin at 9:34 AM