10. Get thin crust pizza instead of thick - save 100 - 150 calories a slice!
9. Buy "light" bread. Aunt Millie's Whole Wheat Light bread is 35 calories a slice - versus 80 calories per slice in Wonder Bread (not to mention that white flour affects your body the same way sugar does). So just by switching to light bread, you can save around 100 calories per sandwich.
8. Drink water instead of sweetened soda, tea, or coffee. Save diet beverages for special occasions (like pizza night!) because they wreak havoc on your kidneys, among other things.
7. Drink your coffee black instead of with creamer - even the fat free Coffee Mate that we love is 25 calories per tablespoon (and who uses just one?). I can drink the office coffee black, but I need to work on tolerating the coffee at home black. I'll get there. Maybe we need to start buying better coffee!
6. Snack on fruit instead of "100 calorie" packs - feel fuller and get better nutrition! An apple has 80 calories, but will help you stay away from snacks until dinner. I don't know about you, but those 100 calorie packs of cookies and stuff just make me want more cookies.
5. Make yourself eggs (scrambled or omelets) in the morning, but use one whole egg and one egg white. Save yourself 70 calories. I promise you won't miss the second yolk.
4. Replace oil in recipes with applesauce - not only does it taste great (my banana muffins with applesauce instead of oil are to die for!) but you're getting better nutrition from half a cup of applesauce than you are from half a cup of oil. Make sure it's unsweetened applesauce, by the way.
3. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray is awesome on vegetables, toast, and popcorn. It's essentially zero calories, while a tablespoon of butter is 100. No contest there.
2. Hellmann's Light Mayo tastes exactly the same as their regular mayo. No, really, I did a taste test.
1. Frozen yogurt or Edy's Light Ice Cream - some of it is even better than the real thing. I just had Edy's light Samoas ice cream. YUM! And if you watch your portion size, there's no reason why you can't enjoy a treat every now and then.