Monday, January 23, 2012

Normal's Just a Town in Illinois

Bloodwork = normal.

He FINALLY did the reflux cough in front of the doctor, and the doctor was unimpressed.  "He could just be clearing his throat.  My youngest does something like that, too."

There were no indications that he has any kind of food allergy, either, so there's no point in further testing down that direction.  He said it wouldn't hurt him if we wanted to try him on an elimination diet, but we're going to try to stick with one thing at a time.

We're going to try Prevacid, once he gets over this cold.  If it helps, then he's probably got reflux or gastritis or something acid going on, and the Prevacid should work better than the Zantac did.  If it doesn't work, we'll just ... I don't know.

Maybe I've got Munchhausen's by proxy or something.  I feel like I've flogged the baby for nothing.  I feel like a crazy person.  How can something sound so painful to me, and not sound painful to the doctor?  How can my perception of his sleep situation be so different from BJ's?

I am so grateful that he's healthy and that his bloodwork was normal and that he's growing.  Don't get me wrong - I've never wanted him to be sick.  But I've wanted answers.  WHY does he cough like that?  We may just not know until he's old enough to tell us.  Does it hurt?  We may not know that, either.  It sounds like it hurts, but what do I know?  If there is something wrong, it's well hidden.

I need to make supper.