Saturday, July 14, 2012

Excuses to Avoid Housework

A few weeks ago, Jack figured out how to open the dishwasher door.  Using the button lock doesn't stop his opening it from interrupting the cycle (which makes sense - you wouldn't want the dishwasher to keep running if someone opened the door under any circumstances).  We've had to get pretty creative to keep him out of it.  What works the best is to just run the dishwasher when he's in bed.

He just opened the dryer and stopped that cycle, too.  That's new.  But I don't think I can do laundry only when he's asleep.  It will never get done.

He has figured out how to open all of my "child proof" cabinet locks.  Did I tell you that he came out of the kitchen the other day while I was on the phone in the living room with the sprayer end of the Clorox Clean Up bottle in his mouth?  I didn't?  That's probably because I don't want to go to jail for child neglect and endangerment.

All your cabinets are belong to me!
There's a reason why 18 month old children are maximally cute.  It's because they are also extremely aggravating, and possibly suicidal.

No comments: