Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Great Tuesday!

Today was a great day. I worked from 10 - 2, which was a much needed break from Mr. Jack - he has decided that he is not subject to the laws of gravity, and has climbed everything climbable within a 3 block radius of the house at least a dozen times in the last 24 hours. I may be slightly exaggerating, but the kid's fast and has no concept of self-preservation. I am getting gray hairs just thinking about it. 

While I was picking up lunch I blew some guy's mind by recognizing that the symbol on his t-shirt was a caffeine molecule.
Well, it's not rocket science...  (from Think Geek!)
He actually walked away, then came back to tell me that I was the first person who had ever decoded the picture on his shirt.  Of course, I let him think that it was because I'm a chemistry expert.  I didn't tell him that I recognized it because I spend a great deal of time finding geeky t-shirts for BJ to wear.  Bazinga!

A couple days ago I decided to do something kind of nuts, and I invited 50+ people (all of my Facebook friends with kids who live in a reasonable radius of me) to the park to play.  Immediately after I did it, I was totally freaked out that no one would show up...  But people showed up!  And it was SO MUCH FUN!  We had over 20 kids there, and they all got along really well and played and the grown ups had time to talk.  Some of us brought snacks.  It was awesome.  So I'm going to do it again in 2 weeks.  If you happen to live near me and aren't my Facebook friend (why??) email me and I'll tell you where and when.

After that I came home and made supper, and we ate really quickly before BJ and his dad took the kids to Science Cafe, and I went to Belly Dancing.  I am still the world's worst belly dancer.  There's only one class left in the session.  Maybe next time I'll try pottery.

I hope you had a great Tuesday too!

No comments: