Saturday, February 16, 2008

Big Girl Bed

Well, we found a twin sized bed at Menards (yes, random... and if you need to build a frame for it, they've got the lumber, too) for $262.88, which is about what I wanted to pay for a twin bed. We didn't need to get a frame, headboard, or footboard yet, since she's so small, that would just put her that much further off of the ground when she falls out of it. For now, the foundation (which makes it sound like bed underwear) can sit on the ground. It was a Serta or Sealy - some brand we'd heard of - so it will hopefully last a couple years. She doesn't weigh anything at all, so there's really no reason for it not to.

She had a really good time sitting in it and arranging her guys. She went to sleep without as much bitching and kvetching as usual, too, so we may be on to something, here.

I went and got yellow sheets (because all the linens in the nursery are yellow) and a really super soft white blanket at Target. I tried to find a Mickey Mouse comforter, but no luck. Ideally, I would be able to find a Mickey Mouse in outer space comforter, which would tie in with the stars/rockets/planets theme we've got going on in the nursery. If the Mickey Mouse in outer space comforter were done in greens, blues, purples and yellows, so it would match the colors already in there, I would be in seventh heaven. If you happen to see something like this, let me know at prbabies (at) gmail (dot) com.

I wish I were crafty. I wish I could whip up a pattern for a picture of Mickey et. al. getting into a rocket on Mars, and quilt it up in all my spare time. In my next life, I'm going to get good at all that stuff. My mom and her sister can do all that stuff, and my grandma could, my great aunt has more fabric in her house than most fabric stores, and their mother, my great-grandmother, could do all of it, too. I have clearly dropped the genetic ball, here.

I'm going to keep looking for the perfect Mickey blanket. Cross your fingers that you-know-who sleeps through the night in her new bed! Good night!

No comments: