Monday, February 18, 2008

Looooooooong Night, part 2

Oh. My. God.

As if it isn't bad enough that I'm getting no sleep, the cruel, cruel universe saw fit to give me a 102.5 fever last night (I was freezing!!!). Cute. Really cute.

I'm fine. Breastmilk really does cure pink eye (but it's not easy to get it in there. My aim just isn't that good). I think I have a minor throat infection of some kind. It's still sore, but nothing like last night.

Last night? Last night sucked. Last night was one of those nights when you lay there looking at your child's ceiling at 3:00 am thinking, "Why did I want these kids, again?" Last night was one of those nights when you start thinking back to all the Looney Toons you watched as a kid and wondering if the rubber mallet to the head really would make Mary E. Coyote see stars and pass out. Last night was one of those nights when you curse at the darkness because your 2.5 year old has slept through the night so few times that you can count them on one hand, and you think, "This was NOT in the brochure."

It's a good thing I love her so much, or I might be tempted to sell her on eBay.

1 comment:

JB said...

I hope you feel better! Geez! And I can't believe Claire is climbing the stairs. She must be so proud!