Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Things I keep forgetting to share

Ok, so we're getting MG tested for lead exposure, so I'll keep you posted. I'm going to see if I can get BJ to take her, because I don't do well with sticks. My poor baby.

***

A few days ago, some people came to the door wanting to talk to me about the mayoral election this fall. They were wearing shirts for the guy who is running against the incumbent. Noticing the shirts, I said, "Oh, your people called a couple of days ago, but I hadn't heard of John Smith," (or whatever his name is... clearly he made an impression!) And the guy says, "Well, it's a good thing I'm here then. I'm John Smith!" and I felt really stupid.

Then I called up the stairs, "Honey, John Smith who is running for mayor is here and wants to talk to us. Can you come down?" Smart alek calls back, "A politician is here? Well hide the money!" and Mr. Smith calls up the stairs, "Don't worry, I'm a cop." And it turns out, later, that my darling husband almost yelled, "Well, in that case, hide the drugs!" but fortunately he thought the better of it.

We do not have drugs. The hardest stuff in the house is the Tylenol 3 that they gave me after I had Claire, and I didn't even feel right about taking that. He's just a smart ass.

***

We had a fun day today! Monty stopped by with his Mom, Jenny, and then Karen, Owen, and Cameron came over. I tried to bully all of them into staying longer, but they just wouldn't cooperate...

For future reference, I love drop bys! If you're in the neighborhood during the day, feel free to stop (assuming that I actually know you and that you're not some crazy internet stalker). If it's a bad time, I'll let you know. We generally take nap from about 1 until about 3, but otherwise, if the van is here, we're home. Seriously. Jenny felt all bad about dropping by, and I can't emphasize enough that spontaneous visits make me feel super popular, and there's excellent motivation toward keeping the house clean, getting me dressed, etc. Some days, I need all the motivation I can get.

***

I'm sure I'll think of eleven other things to write as soon as I hit "post," but I can't remember what they all were. Oh well...

No comments: