Friday, October 23, 2009

Fail fail fail

I tried to post a picture from the open house at school tomorrow, but the picture didn't come through. If I look at it on my phone, it looks fine. I don't know why it isn't showing up. Sorry. Blogging fail.

Allison is coming today and my house looks like it has been taken over by a band of destructive pygmies, which it kind of has. Housekeeping fail.

I can't remember the last time the kids had a bath. Mothering fail.

We're going to Grammaland tonight to have dinner with Gramma Susan for her birthday (which I missed because we were in Florida. Favorite-kid fail.). Then we're spending the night with Mimi. From there we're going to Michigan to see my friend Mandy (who met us at Seaworld) and her kids and go to a pumpkin patch. The trouble is that Claire is on antibiotics for her foot bites, and they have to be refrigerated. I have no idea how I'm going to keep them cold all day while we're in the car (for about 5.5 hours roundtrip) and at the pumpkin patch. I don't think ice packs in a cooler will last that long. Logistics fail.

It's also probably going to pour down rain. Generally pumpkin patches are outdoors. Weather fail.

I tried to potty train Claire yesterday. It was going incredibly well until I told BJ, "This could be the easiest potty-training of all time!" After that she had two accidents and said, "I want my diaper!" Fate-tempting fail.

I went to a Windows 7 launch party last night. Cool kid fail.

I guess I'd better go try to do something about the lack of bath and the messy house...

2 comments:

angel0199 said...

Maybe the picture isn't showing up because it isn't tomorrow yet?

Put the medicine in a zip lock bag surround by ice in a small cooler. It will stay cold long enough. We took a cooler for drinks and snacks in the car on the way to Disney. After 8 hours the first night there was some cold water and plenty of unmelted ice left. That was with us opening and shutting it several times. I imagine it would stay cold even longer if you only open the cooler when she is due for a dose.

Amy said...

Hahaha! English fail - I meant the open house YESTERDAY.

The quality of my blogging goes WAY down when I don't feel well, doesn't it? I'm pretty sure that 72% of what I say doesn't make any sense at all right now. Stupid sinuses!