Thursday, October 8, 2009

Ponce de Leon

Driving through Central Florida makes me think of Spanish explorers, hacking their way through the Everglades with a sword, not knowing if it was ten miles or three hundred miles across. I won't even go across town in my air conditioned car without my GPS enabled phone, half a vanfull of gear, and a very good idea of where I'm going and when I'll be home. I do not have the guts to hike through swamps battling alligators, heat stroke, insects, exotic diseases, and everything else that they must have endured. I'm glad I was born when I was, I'm not sure I would have survived an earlier era.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

of course you would have survived... you wouldn't have known any different... you are woman! you are strong!
Con

Fran said...

True that, Con!!