Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fun with Texting

XXX-XXX-9846: Heyy do you need me to babysit this weekendm..i havent seen u guys in forever

Me: Mary Grace has the flu, so probably not - but thanks for the offer!! Soon... When we're all well.

XXX-XXX-9846: Wrong number srry.

Me: Are you sure? Cause I'm always recruiting sitters! :D

XXX-XXX-9846: Positive. Who is this neways.

Me: Amy Prettybaby. And you are?

XXX-XXX-9846: Whos that...what school do u go to?

Then I get a blocked call, asking for Amber. I said, "So are you still interested in babysitting?" and the person on the phone pretended not to know what I was talking about.

Me: I'm 33 and have 2 kids hon, school is a distant memory.

XXX-XXX-9846: What...?

XXX-XXX-9846: Then why r u texting me?

Me: U started it.

(This is why we should never have gotten a texting plan - I just can't control myself.)

5 comments:

strwberrryjoy said...

Omg. That is so why I have texting blocked.

Jen said...

that's too funny.

mwiesjahn said...

HAHA! That's like the argument I got into the the kid on facebook. It was just bad from the beginning...

Rob Monroe said...

You rock! I have only done this once - kind of wish I had kept it. Fun.

Sarah said...

ROFL.