Monday, June 21, 2010

Denver

I'm in a crappy hotel in Denver. I miss BJ and the kids like crazy. I'm here for training on government contract accounting compliance, which is exactly as interesting and exciting as it sounds.

I spent the evening in Boulder, which is very cute but it smells like patchouli. I watched street performers and read menus, but nothing sounded good to eat. Does altitude make you lose your appetite?

I'm considering ordering an appetizer from room service out of boredom. It would be nice to have something to look forward to for 45 minutes.

Pout pout pout. Maybe I'll just go to sleep. I got a bottle of Benadryl because I had a rough time sleeping last night. My crappy hotel is practically on the freeway.

Send lots of comments to entertain me! Tell me what you did today!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds hideous. My day consisted of taking Mr almost 3 to gym, managing an almighty tantrum, playing blocks, trying to persuade him to do some cutting and sticking, singing, dancing and trying to bribe to start toilet training. Also fed, changed, fed, changed, fed, changed my 3 month old and tried to persuade him to sleep more than 45 mins at a time. Now time is crawling, my husband not home for 2 hours yet. Being distracted by the internet is saving my sanity! Spending a lot of my day looking in the pantry for the next interesting thing to eat out of boredom!! Hope you find something nice to entertain you.

Rob Monroe said...

No fun at all.

Something funny - I'm currently watching the 40 Year Old Virgin from when it was on Cable. They kill the sound every time they cuss - so there is a lot of dead space. Silliness.

Erin said...

Don't tell me that about Colorado, Amy. One, I've never been there and two, we're flying into Denver on Saturday for a vacation. Although Matt has planned it out that we're spending the first half of the week in Colorado Springs and the second half in Rocky Mountain National Park & my parents will join us for that.

As to my day? Hideous. Hoping that today will be much better and yours too! :)

Amy said...

I'm sorry you had crummy movies and bad days! Colorado is great - there are a thousand things I'd want to do here with BJ and the kids. But don't stay at the Ramada Plaza on 25, and don't spend 9.5 hours a day in training!! :)

I've been here on vacation before - you're going to have a blast.

Jen said...

I heard theres a really nice piece of property just west of there...

Susan said...

I know it's hard to be away from BJ and the girls. Hopefully today will be better for you.
love,
Susan