Thursday, June 3, 2010

Doing Better

Grandpa watched the kids for a few hours yesterday so I could go to work and pay the payroll taxes and the bills, so I'm not going to federal prison for at least another month.  That, and a good night's sleep, took some of the pressure off.  I'm feeling a bit better.

Sometimes it's all kind of a lot.  I don't know what I'd do if I had a real problem, because I can't seem to get the hang of managing my little everyday problems.  I do ok for a week or two, and then all the plates that I'm spinning crash down around my feet, and I have to complain here and ugly cry on BJ's shoulder.  It's a broken pattern.

We have nothing planned for today.  I think we might run to the little local zoo and check on the baby goats and the baby wobblies.  We need to stop at the store and get milk, and something for dinner.  I called BJ at the last minute last night and asked him to bring home a pizza.  I hate cooking in the summer.

Claire is screaming in my ear about princesses right now.  Mary Grace just doesn't understand that Claire wants all of the princesses, and Claire is furious.  *sigh*  I need earplugs.

3 comments:

Rob Monroe said...

Glad the week is going up. Hope it continues!

Chelsea said...

Earplugs are nice. What you really need, though, is an Ipod with the noise-blocking headphones! I am such a nicer mommy when I have my Ipod on, cleaning the house :) They yell and run around and I just smile and hand them stuff to put away.

Mrs4444 said...

Well, when you miss your kids too much, just re-read that last paragraph!haha