Friday, March 9, 2012

Cinnamon Dolce Latte Recipe

Wikimedia Commons
I love coffee.  I love Starbucks.  My wallet, however, does not.

So when my sister turned me on to the delicious Cinnamon Dolce latte, I had to figure out a way to make it myself.

It's ridiculously easy.

Get yourself a small saucepan and melt a teaspoon of butter.  Add a tablespoon of brown sugar and cook it until it caramelizes.  Then add 1/4 tsp of cinnamon and 1/3 cup of milk.  Cook it until the milk just starts to bubble, stirring constantly.  Take it off the heat.

Next make coffee.  I was in a hurry so I used instant.  Blasphemy!

I used one of those big travel cups.  I filled it about halfway with strong coffee, then added the cinnamon mixture, then filled the mug the rest of the way with vanilla creamer (which I've been making, thanks to Pinterest, with a 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk, 14 oz of milk, and 2 t of vanilla - so easy).

It's exactly the same.  I can't taste any difference at all.  The whole thing has probably fifteen cents worth of ingredients, took less time than loading up the kids and driving to 'Bucks, and there are no delicious pastries to tempt me.

I may never leave my house again!

No comments: