Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Claire's Graduation, Narrative

Of course I sat there and cried. It seems like just yesterday that we dropped MG off for her first day of preschool and Claire looked at me all serious (at 2-1/2 years old) and said, "I wanna go to school!"

"But Claire," I said,"you and I get to have special Mommy and Claire time together at home while your sister is at school. Won't that be fun?"

She looked at me like she couldn't decide if I was deaf or just dense, "I WANNA go to SCHOOL."

Luckily the school has a drop off program for littler kids, so she spent a year there, a year in preschool, and a year in pre-k. She looked so grown up standing there. Can't believe that three years can go by so fast.

3 comments:

Rob Monroe said...

Abby is doing in-home so we luck out that she will not have a "graduation" for us to get all teary at. Plus, she's being bratty right now about how it's "not fair" that she has to wait another month to turn five, so my teary would be mixed with pure annoyance... :)

Kathryn said...

Oh boy, wait until you get one into high school. Then the years fly by at warp speed. I don't even want to talk about what happens when they graduate from college.

Bev said...

And I don't even want to talk about how fast our first grandchild got to be a teenager...he's thirteen today...yikes!

You all are so lucky to have these blogs. I wish I had a casual, personal record of daily events with my kids and grands when they were that young.