Monday, May 14, 2012

Weaned

I guess I'm not "Mom Enough" for Time Magazine (gag) because Jack weaned this weekend - my earliest at 17 months old. He has been bitey and disinterested and it was time, for us. It's ok. Part of me is relieved and part of me is sad, and that's normal.

Nursing my children has been such an amazing process. Like all things new and different in my life, it didn't go smoothly at first, but I persevered and nursed Mary Grace for 28 months (9 while pregnant with Claire and 9 tandem), Claire for 22 months, and Jack for 17. That's 67 months, right? There oughtta be a merit badge or something.

Nap time and nighttime are hard. We need to figure out this new normal. He finally fell asleep after an hour of crying, and I could put him down, but I think I need to hold him just a little longer.

"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be."

1 comment:

Rob Monroe said...

A badge, medal and trophy should be yours! BJ, hop on that! :)