Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pain

Somehow Mary Grace fell on her foot this evening and hurt it, and she has been hobbling around pretending to be crippled ever since.  It is not bruised.  It is not swollen.  She is just a drama queen.

Remember how I said that my kids drive me the most nuts when they're acting the most like me?  Yeah.

As I was putting her to bed, she said, "I sure hope my foot feels better tomorrow."

And since I've completely run out of sympathy, I said, "I think your foot feels better right now."

"Mommy," she said, exasperated, "you don't understand my pain."

Stay tuned, folks, because in just 7 short years, this kid is going to be a teenager.  And that's when the fun will really start.

Now you'll have to excuse me.  I have to go send another apology letter to my parents.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I feel your pain... The way my oldest says "I'm bored" sets off 30-yr. old echoes in my head. Karma, baby, coming to get ya!