Sunday, August 21, 2011

Wherefore Art Thou, Perry?

Tonight before bed, we were reading the girls' new Phineas and Ferb book.  If you've never seen the show, it's about two kids and their pet platypus, Perry.  Perry pretends to be a pet, but in reality he's a secret agent - Agent P.  He has a theme song, that says, "He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action..."

Anyway, we're reading the book, in which P&F build a submarine, and Perry escapes the submarine to go after the Evil Dr. Doofenschmirtz.  In the book, it says, "Perry donned his wetsuit..."

"Mommy," Mary Grace interrupted, "Perry is a semiaquatic mammal.  Why does he need a wetsuit?"

I just stared at her for a second, then I started laughing.  This kid doesn't miss a trick.

***

Earlier tonight we were telling the girls about Grandpa Bob's new job.  We explained that he's still going to be a nurse, but he'll be what's called a Charge Nurse, sort of like the boss of the nurses.

"He's going to be the brains of that outfit!" Mary Grace exclaimed.  Oh my goodness...

***

And because I love you and I want you to be happy, I am sharing the recipe that I made up for dinner tonight.  I'm proud of myself for actually writing down what I did, for a change, so that I can re-create this if I want to.  It made a ton.  BJ, Dad, and I each had one (too spicy for the girlies, they had soup and grilled cheese).  I think we'll get at least 4 more servings out of it, maybe more.  I served it with shredded lettuce and sour cream.  YUM!

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas

3 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
1 small red bell pepper, diced
3/4 cup Frank's RedHot Sauce
1/2 cup Ranch dressing
1/4 cup sour cream
1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup

Mix all above in a medium bowl. Fill large tortillas and arrange in sprayed 13 x 9 pan.

Top with jarred salsa (about a cup, give or take) and shredded Mexican cheese (two cups or so).

Cover with foil.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.


Serve with shredded lettuce and sour cream.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

And on the phone today when she said, "Mommy, you are a barrel of laughs." Hilarious!!

Amy said...

Hahah! I'd forgotten that one! She keeps me laughing all day.

We were singing and dancing in the kitchen tonight before bed, and Claire got past the point of being tired. She was upstairs crying, "But I want to party! Mommy, I don't want to go to bed, I want to party some more! Please, can we party?!" It was hilarious. I told her we could party with her friend Caitrin (playdate) tomorrow. :)

Rob Monroe said...

You need a Flip Video camera with an unlimited charge and massive SD card to follow MG around for a day. :)