Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I Blew It

I'm not even sure how it happened, but I missed yesterday.  I made it almost 2 months, though.  Not bad!  I'll keep trying.  Perfection is the enemy of the good, after all.

BJ and I were talking about my post about The Patriarchy last night, and he brought up the point that in debate it's pretty standard to have one argument presented, and then the other, and that might be why that first panel was all made up of religious men and not a woman or a doctor among them - because they probably couldn't find a woman or a doctor who would say, "Yeah, you should limit women's access to birth control."

He said that no one really knows what those 5 dudes said (although it doesn't take a big logic leap to guess) because everyone is so focused on their lack of uteri.  I spent at least 20 minutes trying to find a video of the session on C-Span, or a transcript, but I didn't find a thing.  I found a lot of responses by various members of congress, but not the original hearing.

I'm willing to hear the sausage fest (to quote Jon Stewart) out.  Can anyone find a link or a transcript to the first session of Issa's hearing on contraception?  If so, link to it in the comments and I'll post it for everyone.

No comments: