Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Kids Ruin Music

After we went to Florida for our friend's wedding last fall, and we heard the song, "Someone Like You," on the radio a thousand times, I bought the CD.  It's a beautiful song.  The rest of the CD is pretty great too.  Or it was, anyway, and then my kids decided to like it.

Before we even get in the car, they start asking me to "turn on Adele" and "start it at the beginning" (of the CD).  The problem is that everything we drive to on a regular basis is within 5 minutes of our house.  I have heard "Rolling In The Deep" about 174,248 times.  This week.

And as if that wasn't annoying enough, they've started changing the words.  To Star Wars.  "There's a fire, starting in my heart.  Reaching a fever pitch and it's bringin' me out the dark SIDE....  Don't underestimate the FORCE that I will use."  Good grief.

I just started the song to make sure I got their weird lyrics right, and they rushed in here to see the video.  Now Claire is singing it.  Again.

This is just wrong. Some things don't go together. I blame their father.
The obvious solution would be to stop playing Adele, make 'em go cold turkey, and start playing a CD that I don't hate.  Except then they'll ruin THAT too.

I'm starting to re-think my no-TV-in-the-car-unless-we're-on-a-roadtrip rule.  Either that, or I'm going to invest in earplugs.

1 comment:

Rob Monroe said...

Abby has been changing up words on songs forever, it's FUN!