Friday, October 19, 2012

Birthday

Dear Karen,


Eight years ago, when we were both pregnant and I was going through one of the worst bouts of anxiety and depression that I've ever experienced, fate led me to you.  And somehow you saw through the hot mess that I was, then, and liked me anyway.

(We didn't take pictures then).

Knowing that no matter what happens, you are always there to share my laughter or dry my tears means the world to me.  You are one of the most generous and thoughtful people I've ever known.  You give much of yourself, and ask little in return.  It's always so much fun to be with you - whether it's a carefully planned party or just hanging out with the kids and the husbands.  I cherish our relationships with each others' kids,

and our kids' relationships with each other.



What a gift it has been to always have someone who was going through the same phase we were to help me keep perspective and stay sane!  How fun to have seven kids to love, instead of just my three.  How cool that our kids are growing up with each other and love each other like siblings.  Your family has become my family, and mine yours, and that is special and rare.

Honestly, this town didn't really feel like home to me until I met you.

I am so blessed to be your friend.  I love you like a sister, and I am so glad you were born.  Happy Birthday to one of the most beautiful people I have ever been blessed to know.

Love,
Amy

No comments: