Monday, October 15, 2012

The Secret Formula

Some mornings are about 10 seconds long.  The kids end up at school with tangled hair, unbrushed teeth, and mismatched weather-inappropriate clothes.  I pelt them with granola bars as they run to catch the bus.  By the time they leave, I am ready for a nap.

Other mornings, like today, everything clicks and they actually have time to watch a whole cartoon (which is what they're doing now) and I have time to blog (ditto) before the bus comes.

I can't figure out the difference between the first kind and the second kind.  If I could figure it out, though, things would be a lot easier around here.

I guess I did wake up a little bit earlier today than I usually do, but not so much that it should account for this big a difference.

Mornings are weird.

No comments: