Friday, May 25, 2007

Everyone's a Critic


"Now I have a tutu and I am the Bomb!" she thinks, as she struts her stuff at the Dairy.

So, I finally got a bunch of old CDs in my car. With the chaos of toys and blankets and odd socks and assorted baby gear in my car, I wanted to get a CD case before I put a whole bunch of CDs out there. I found my old copy of Schoolhouse Rocks (my only defense against Nosrus Tap), and a few other kid things lying around, and a bunch of my old music from when I was "cool" (for 10 minutes in 1992). Indigo Girls, Barenaked Ladies, U2, Alanis Morrissette, etc.

I had Indigo Girls' "1200 Curfews" in on the way back from the Dairy (where we met Grandma and Tev and had a fantastic time. "Saw cows today," says MG) and I was rocking out. I was singing along, impressed that I still could do the harmonies after all these years, and I still knew all the words. I glanced back to see if MG was enjoying the concert, and she had her fingers stuck in her ears.


My singing voice isn't that bad, right? Tell me this is just a generation gap thing!
Posted by Picasa


Megan said...

That has to be one of the cutest pictures of MG that I have ever seen. She was born to be a dancer. Ballet that is....

Anonymous said...

No, no Mommy...your singing is not bad at all, I can personally attest! I would have been singing right there with you! Love you...Barbara