Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ask, you shall recieve

Ok, internet, as soon as I get the kids to bed and get the place sufficiently cleaned up so that I won't be too embarrassed to post photos of my house, I'll post photos of my house.

My mom agrees that putting the tile against the brick of the fireplace would look screwy. BJ will be greatly relieved, as he does NOT want to tile the entire eating area.

I really need to paint over the "terracotta" (well, that's what I was going for, it's really salmon) color in the kitchen. I'm going to use the same green that I did on the rest of the walls. It's a good green. I also really need to paint the living room. I have the paint, just not the gumption. Actually, there has been a profound lack of gumption around here lately. The kids are still in their PJs. It's 7 pm. What can I say? We're on vacation.

I'll get them a bath here in about 45 minutes, put them to bed, then clean up and take some photos. Look for them later tonight or tomorrow.

Also, if you want a good, quick read, get The Glass Castle. I finished it a couple hours ago. It really made me feel better about the fact that my kids are still in their jammies at 7 pm - at least they've eaten 3 square meals a day, or more, since birth.

Last night we took an entire carload of books to the half price bookstore, then went out to dinner at the Mongolian Barbecue in Indy. I only got $56 for about 100 books. Bummer. But it's $56 more than I had before. We're trying to declutter around here. Easier said than done.

I just watched a thing on Youtube about what's going to happen if Yellowstone's supervolcano explodes, and to be honest, after watching that I figure, "it's all going to be covered with volcanic ash eventually, anyway, why bother?" This is not an attitude conducive to cleaning.

Pictures coming, stay tuned!

2 comments:

mwiesjahn said...

LOVED The Glass Castle! I cannot believe that people would choose that lifestyle though. The children all turned out to be pretty successful too as far as I remember. Amazing!

strwberrryjoy said...

Creepy. We went to Chik-fil-A and the Babies-R-Us to get a booster seat right there. We love that BBQ place. LOVE the peapods!