Sunday, January 18, 2009

Of course...

The other day I mentioned that I'm really pissed about lead in vitamins. Well, today I finally got around to checking to see if the brand I've been giving the kids is among those tested. (I stopped giving them vitamins when I read the study, of course, pending further investigation).

Of course it is
.

Northwest Natural Products, Inc. of Vancouver, Washington is about to get a very strongly worded letter from yours truly.

Subject: Lead in my kids' vitamins

To Whom It May Concern,

It is with great disappointment that I discovered that the vitamins that I have been giving to my beautiful, smart young daughters (aged 22 months and 3.5 years) contain lead.

I tried to do the right thing, as a mother of children who occasionally eat only white food for days at a time. I trusted your company to help me provide the best nutrition possible for my children, and you gave them poison.

You gave them poison.

You really should be ashamed of yourselves, Northwest Natural Products. Your L'il Critters Gummy Vites have been poisoning innocent children for years. I trusted you. I trusted you with the health of my kids.

My older daughter has been taking your vitamins since she turned two. For a year and a half, you have been damaging my child.

I hope to God there's a class-action lawsuit against you. Regardless of the legal outcome, rest assured that you will rot in hell for hurting my kids.

E-mailed and posted for the world to see at http://prettybabies.blogspot.com with the hopes that other parents researching lead in Northwest Natural Products of Vancouver, Washington L'il Critters Gummy Vites will find this letter, and send one of their own, to lilcritters@nwnaturalproducts.com .

Sincerely,

Amy Prettybaby
Hell hath no fury...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you happen to notice the DATE on the study - 2004. Before you head off to the deep end you might want to consider that something may have transpired with the formula in the last 4 YEARS