Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm starting to get pissed

Ok, so it turns out that Vicks will make you sicker, not weller. I've always put the infant kind (not the adult kind) on the kids' chests (not their upper lip/under nose), so it's unclear if I've been making the kids better or worse, but, um... Annoyed.

Then I find out that there's lead in the vitamins I've been giving the kids. That REALLY pissed me off.

But you want to know what really kills me? That prenatal vitamins contain lead, too.

Heads should roll, people. There is no excuse.

Jeez, you think you're taking care of your kids, you think you're taking care of yourself and your unborn baby, and all the time you're poisoning them, poisoning yourself. What next? Is the air we breathe going to be contaminated? The water we drink?

Oh, wait...

But, seriously. Something has got to be done. Isn't this the kind of crap that the government, the FDA, is supposed to protect us from?

8 comments:

Rob Monroe said...

Vicks on the bottom of their feet. No where near their nasal passages, but seems to be working in our house! (I had never heard of it until Tuesday, but it has worked the last two nights!)

Stephanie said...

For Vitamins, try the Usana brand. You can find it online. Its from one of those MLM companies. I don't sell it, but I do use it. An independent Canadian study of OTC vitamins proved it to be the highest quality and the best absorbed into the body. My kids enjoy their kid vitamins, called Usanimals, and the adult vitamins are better than any OTC or Rx prenatal. I'm using them now and I'm 33 weeks prego.

Something to think about.

As far as Vicks, I never liked the stuff much anyway. It never seemed to help.

Anonymous said...

The Vicks thing irritates me because it is SAFE, it's just parents who don't read instructions and shove the stuff up their kids noses end up giving the stuff a bad name.

Jen said...

The only time it's beneficial to put Vicks under your nose is when you're at an autopsy.
Otherwise, I like the stuff you put into the vaporizer water...

Anonymous said...

I had no unearthly idea about the vitamins. I have already left a message on Tinea's FB page about it. It probably wouldn't hurt to forward this to everyone in your gmail contact list and encourage everyone to forward it. Finally, an email forward that is TRUE. Imagine that.

Anonymous said...

Shakley or organic at a health food store... pricey but worth it.
Connie

Anonymous said...

Of *course* the air you breathe is contaminated. A friend of mine lived in your town (only without the "West" part) for several years, and he heard that the air quality was some of the worst in the country -- lots of polluting industry. Personally, I couldn't handle living in the big city in the middle of your state -- horrendous air pollution, particularly during the summer months. If air quality is a concern of yours, then do your research.

Anonymous said...

How can you take vicks? It is really bad and also disgusting too.