Friday, January 9, 2009

We Just Can't Have Nice Things

Someone, whose name won't be mentioned, but her initials are CLAIRE, got a hold of an ink pen and wrote with black ink all over my light brown microfiber couch.

Apparently this happened Wednesday. I knew she'd gotten a wall, but didn't notice the couch until I sat down on it tonight. My head about flew off.

We googled and found that hand sanitizer will take ink out of microfiber. Who knew? Sure enough, it worked. So that was the first of the important things I learned today: Hand sanitizer takes ink off of microfiber. A nail brush and a damp washcloth help, too.

The other thing I learned is that if you mix the bread crumbs with the milk and egg first, let the bread crumbs soak up all the liquid, and then mix that mixture with the meat, it makes a really moist meatloaf. I made the Incredibly Cheesy Turkey Meatloaf from Allrecipes.com tonight. YUM!

They say you learn something new every day. Today I got a two-fer. I guess that means I can take tomorrow off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to know how to get ink out of microfiber. Morgan also enjoys writing on EVERYTHING. I steam clean often, but the ink stays. :) Mandy

Anonymous said...

I'm not too impressed with turkey loaf. I've tried it before and it just didn't have the right flavor. What kind of ground turkey did you buy??

Charlotte said...

Hairspray will also remove ink and sharpie marks...I know this thanks to my own little girlie. I suppose I should thank her for educating me. lol