Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Home

I found the perfect house for us today.

It has four bedrooms and a basement.

It feels like home.

The location is perfect.

There are a few flaws, but they're either things I could easily live with or they're fixable.


The laundry room is on the second floor.  LOVE.  TWO pantries.  Love.  Amazing great room.  Awesome kitchen.  LOVE the screened porch.  It's one house away from (and yet not on the same street as) the school we're going to have kids at for the next 8 or 10 years.  Love love love.  It's at the end of a cul-de-sac.  It's PERFECT for us.


Of course, BJ is in Portland for the rest of the week.  I posted on Facebook, "Exactly how much do you think BJ would kill me if I bought a house while he's in Portland?" and got answers ranging from, "I bought my house before my husband saw it!" to "I got a dog while my husband was out of town.  Let's just say that I still have the dog," to, "I recommend more analytical and numerical studies to find out just how much BJ would kill you." (That was BJ.  Damn wifi on planes!)


Anybody want to buy my house?





4 comments:

jen said...

I'll be over to paint the garage door beige, or any other color than what it is... Other than that, I hope it becomes yours!! Love you guys!!!

Erin said...

BJ's response sounds exactly like something Matt would say. I guess that's engineers for you! ;)

Rob Monroe said...

I'm glad that BJ got a say before you went too far! Truth be told, apologies to BJ, you could have put down a contract with a break-in-ten-days clause or something like that.

There are a hundred ways to get out of it, trust me I know! We once had a contract pulled on our behalf by the seller, that was a weird experience for sure!

DPA said...

I also love this house!! Always been partial to 2 story, lots of room, basement (for sure) peaked roof lines and covered porch. Hope it works for ya!