Thursday, September 20, 2012

Long Day

I get by with a LOT of help from my friends.

Today was Claire's first Daisy Scout meeting, and my first meeting as leader, and it was a resounding success except for the part where someone (not me, but I'm not naming names) squeezed a paint marker as she was trying to open it, and it erupted, spraying hot pink paint all over the library's meeting room - carpet, desks, chairs, ceiling (no kidding).

We resisted the temptation to play dumb and fessed up to our crime.  I was sure that we were about to become a homeless scout troop, but the librarian was exceptionally cool about it.  They took down the acoustic tile, painted the stain with White-Out, and put it back up.  Librarians - they're like the MacGyvers of books.

So many other things happened today, lots and lots of things, but they're either inside jokes or in the vault or not something that is easily translated to print or... excuses excuses, they're not good stories, but it was a very good day.

Thanks to all of you, and you know who you are, who made it extra special.  I am exhausted and I'm going to go to bed now.  ZZZZZZzzzzzz....

1 comment:

Rob Monroe said...

Wondering how much paint is hidden in that room already if they knew what to do without much thought... :)