Thursday, November 29, 2007

I lost count at 12...

I'm not sure how someone can get sick so many times, and still be vertical. Good grief.

I will spare you the details, and share what I have learned.

Grandmas are smart. Giving her fluids an ounce at a time, per Grandma Diana, helped. And the sucker, per Grandma Denna, got her to stop begging me for breakfast. (I couldn't take much more of that, "Please Mommy, I'm hungry. Please? I'm sorry Mommy. I want some eggs. Please?" Why not just rip my heart out, that would be faster.) Grandma Susan provided invaluable moral support, as usual. The tea helped.

Friends are priceless. A good friend will run to the store and get Sprite, Gatorade, and crackers for your sick kid, when your husband is out of town. A great friend will also bring flowers, wine, cheesecake, and a box of individual molten chocolate cakes. Once I get these kids to bed, I am going to toast myself for surviving this day. Thanks Karen!

There's a book called "How Do Dinosaurs Get Well Soon?" that has been really handy today. The sick dinosaur in the book gets "sick in a pail," so Mary Grace knew what I was talking about when I told her to get sick in the pail. That made the laundry heap a little more manageable.

I am so sick of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Charlie & Lola, though, I could scream. Thank God for the internet.

Thanks for all the support, everyone. Knock on wood, we're on the mend. She hasn't been sick for a couple hours, and has kept down liquids. Phew.

(Of course, I'm holding my breath now, because every time I've said that today, she's vomited).

No comments: