Monday, November 19, 2007

Four, encore

This is just stupid.

Both the kids woke up at 4 am. I got them both back to sleep, then I settled in to go back to sleep myself, and... no.

I realized that I was thirsty, so I got up, got a drink, etc. and went back to bed.... no.

Mind racing. Thinking, of all things, about decorating the bedroom, for God's sake. Thinking about going all HGTV and getting some pretty decorator fabric to make a headboard for the bed, maybe cutting up and stapling the foam mattress topper that we don't use anymore (hazardous when sleeping with babies) to a piece of plywood, and then covering it with fabric... Gonna need a staple gun. Have been wanting one, anyway, because apparently that and some paint is all you need to decorate, if Trading Spaces is to be believed... Could use strips of the same fabric to tie back new curtains.... Liking that idea, how long? Maybe 2 ft. long and 4 in. wide? No, that would be too long. 16 inches. Yeah, ok. Paint? Maybe. Then get a light blue roller shade to go behind curtains. That would block light and insulate, and oh shut up already, mental voice, it's 4:30 am!!!!!

I mean, really! Thou shalt not decorate before 8 am. My inner Martha needs to go to freaking sleep, already.

I read a chapter in my book. Mind still racing. Now I'm mentally blogging. I'm mentally blogging about how I can't go back to sleep. How am I going to make this funny? Oh, for God's sake, if I'm going to mentally blog, I might as well get up and blog.

Did I tell you I had a dream the other night where something funny happened, and I found a computer lab and said, "Look out, people, I need to blog this,"? That's how committed I am to bringing you all a quality blog - I'm now blogging in my sleep.

Then Claire woke up, again, at 5 am. After I got her back to sleep, again, I decided to just get up. Maybe I'll do some online Christmas shopping or something. At least today's Monday, and I can take a nap with the girls this afternoon.

But seriously, this is ridiculous.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would lose my mind. I suggest you turn on Lola and lay back down. You can at least get in a short nap!