Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dragging it Back

Ok, this is a MOMMYblog, not a POLITICAL blog, so let's bring it back on topic.

Amy's Top 5 Songs for Her Next Labor Mix CD/Playlist, by stages:

#5 for the moment you realize you're in labor (if it isn't your first kid)
Here It Goes Again - Ok Go
"Oh here we go, here it goes, here it goes again. Ah here it goes again. I shoulda known should known shoulda known again. Ah here it goes again!"

#4 for early labor
Bring Me Some Water - Joan Osborn, Melissa Ethridge
"When will this aching pass/When will this night be through/I want to hear the breaking glass/I only feel the steel of the red hot truth..."

#3 for the ride to the hospital
I Want To Be Sedated, the Ramones
"Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go, I wanna be sedated! Ow ow ow ow, oh ow ow ow ow! I wanna be sedated!"

#2 for transition
I Will Survive - but get the Cake version, not the Gloria Gaynor version
"...I have all my love to give I will survive, I will survive, hey hey!"

#1 for pushing
Push It! Salt N' Peppa -
"Oooh baby baby, buh-baby baby! Ooh baby baby!"

(no, this is not a pregnancy announcement, I just like to plan ahead...)

What are your best labor songs?


Anonymous said...

"Come on out, come on out in the sunshine, baby" (from Walk in Glory by Beth Nielson Chapman)

strwberrryjoy said...

I loved those choices! Lol.

RobMonroe said...

For the ride to the hospital: Ray Stevens "We're Havin a Baby"