Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dragging it Back

Ok, this is a MOMMYblog, not a POLITICAL blog, so let's bring it back on topic.

Amy's Top 5 Songs for Her Next Labor Mix CD/Playlist, by stages:


#5 for the moment you realize you're in labor (if it isn't your first kid)
Here It Goes Again - Ok Go
"Oh here we go, here it goes, here it goes again. Ah here it goes again. I shoulda known should known shoulda known again. Ah here it goes again!"

#4 for early labor
Bring Me Some Water - Joan Osborn, Melissa Ethridge
"When will this aching pass/When will this night be through/I want to hear the breaking glass/I only feel the steel of the red hot truth..."

#3 for the ride to the hospital
I Want To Be Sedated, the Ramones
"Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go, I wanna be sedated! Ow ow ow ow, oh ow ow ow ow! I wanna be sedated!"

#2 for transition
I Will Survive - but get the Cake version, not the Gloria Gaynor version
"...I have all my love to give I will survive, I will survive, hey hey!"

#1 for pushing
Push It! Salt N' Peppa -
"Oooh baby baby, buh-baby baby! Ooh baby baby!"

(no, this is not a pregnancy announcement, I just like to plan ahead...)

What are your best labor songs?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Come on out, come on out in the sunshine, baby" (from Walk in Glory by Beth Nielson Chapman)

strwberrryjoy said...

I loved those choices! Lol.

Rob Monroe said...

For the ride to the hospital: Ray Stevens "We're Havin a Baby"