Sunday, November 16, 2008

Whoopsie Daisies

So I made BJ miss his flight to California yesterday. When they emailed the itinerary, it looked like this:

Indianapolis (IND) to Denver (DEN) 11/15/084:09 pm - 4:56 pm United 5948 Operated

And we both looked at it and saw that 4:56 and thought that was the departure time. Neither of us saw the 4:09 sitting there by the date. Talk about a couple of rocket surgeons!! Dur.

So, after $150 to change the ticket, $15 to check his bag, and $39 to sit in the exit row, he was on his way to California via 3 planes (to Chicago, to San Francisco, to final destination in California), and he arrived sometime in the wee hours. He didn't even get to San Francisco until 12:30 am our time. Poor baby.

Thank goodness he isn't fighting the cold the girls have been fighting for a month, or his ears would've probably exploded somewhere over the Rocky Mountains.

Dad came over last night to help me with the kids. Claire took a really late nap, so she didn't go to bed for me until 10:45! Brat! There go my plans to declutter while BJ's gone. Maybe I'll make some progress today. I woke up with a headache, so we're skipping church. It's really too cold to go anywhere, anyway.

See you in April.

If you have any old boxes lying around, and you're going to be out and about today, bring 'em over. I have big plans to get rid of half of BJ's crap while he's not around to complain. He's crazy, though. He saves boxes for electronics we got years ago, just in case he has to send them ... somewhere ... for repairs! Um... I've never heard the rule that you have to send things in the original box to get fixed, and I've always taken things to the packaging store and let them deal with boxes, etc. - let them store the boxes, instead of me!! But, whatever. He's 2000 miles away and can't complain.

Moo wah ha ha!

In other news, I went to Curves for the first time yesterday and got my a** handed to me by a bunch of little old ladies. Seriously. I had a misconception, that Curves was a cute little "gym" for old women who couldn't really work out (sorry, Grandma Diana! I know you're buff, but I figured you were the exception to the rule...) I was WRONG about Curves. Those machines are real machines. They're pneumatic, so they provide resistance when you push and when you pull, so you work out twice as fast. I was sweating and red and panting and all these grannies were talking to each other and had perfect makeup and were looking at me like, "Poor little dear..." It was humiliating.

I can't wait to go back Tuesday.

I'm down 15 pounds. That's almost a whole Claire!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL! CURVES IS MAAARVELOUS. BEEN THERE DONE THAT... ISN'T ENOUGH FOR ME BUT I THINK IT'S RIGHT FOR YOU... 15 LBS! I'M SOOOO PROUD OF YOU. KEEP IT UP.... FOR WHATEVER REASON THIS IS IT... KEEP UP THE SPIRT AND MOMENTUM. I LOVE YOU!
CONNIE PS: I ONLY SIGN OFF ANONYMOUS BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO IT ANY OTHER WAY.....